Thursday, January 24, 2008

Everything for Your Name Lord :/

Actually that emoticon should be a "(:". I'm kinda okay with what I gave up today haha but it would be clearer to you guys the gravity of it if i put the ":/" so yup



Genesis 22

Abraham Tested
1 Some time later God tested Abraham. He said to him, "Abraham!"
"Here I am," he replied.

2 Then God said, "Take your son, your only son, Isaac, whom you love, and go to the region of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains I will tell you about."



9 When they reached the place God had told him about, Abraham built an altar there and arranged the wood on it. He bound his son Isaac and laid him on the altar, on top of the wood. 10 Then he reached out his hand and took the knife to slay his son. 11 But the angel of the LORD called out to him from heaven, "Abraham! Abraham!"
"Here I am," he replied.

12 "Do not lay a hand on the boy," he said. "Do not do anything to him. Now I know that you fear God, because you have not withheld from me your son, your only son."

13 Abraham looked up and there in a thicket he saw a ram [a] caught by its horns. He went over and took the ram and sacrificed it as a burnt offering instead of his son. 14 So Abraham called that place The LORD Will Provide. And to this day it is said, "On the mountain of the LORD it will be provided."




:/

Story just speaks hugely to me lah. To those of you who know, I was gonna pursue this girl but I was deathly afraid of the implications. And a whole lot of other complicated emotional stuff that always seems to jump up on me. Etc. Ironytrain. Life like a sitcom. Etc. You get the idea. So i took it to God and yeah He gave me a sign that i should pursue this girl and all that.



Then He called me to give her up. Weeeeelllll. Not directly, but there was stuff that I was dwelling on and some stuff that was happening and they preventing me from fully worshipping God. In essence they were standing in His way. I couldn't love my brother in Christ like I wanted to, I was kinda jealous, and I was this close to truthfully almost hating the guy. So yup. It came to the point where I couldn't concentrate on the worship at IGNITE! LIKE. IGNITE. Do you understand the implications of not being able to fully give yourself over to God at something as awesome as Ignite :/

So long story short God told me to go talk to the guy. And work things out. And more importantly, the past few days he's been steadily working in my heart getting me to understand that this girl isn't such a big deal after all, in the larger scheme of things. God is bigger than the air I breathe and all that. He's got a plan for me. He's on my side. He's all i need, really. So yup. I just gotta fully commit myself wholly to His Name and let nothing like that stand in the way, and he'll fix my love life for me. (:

Like the issac story. Its been one of the things drawing me to my decision to have a heart to heart talk with the guy and to tell him i'm letting her go and he can go ahead and i won't get in his way. So yeah. Besides the submit verse.

Ephesians 5:21
Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.

Have i mentioned how much I love ephesians? It and the corinthians are by far my favourite books in the bible, at least right now in my life. I can't get enough of them, they give me comfort and wisdom and direction somehow. Glory be to God(:

Anyyyywayyy yup pastor Glenn when he was still around preached about this verse once and it just came back into my heart lah. Or rather, God put it there.


So yup lor. Lol. That's the lowdown, guys. I'm giving her up and all that. Hah. Won't deny I'm kinda miffed, but only a little, I'm rather surprised by that lack of indignance really lol. But I know God is pleased lah and I'm honouring Him with this so yeah.

"There's a kind of energy that comes from doing the right thing"
Pastor Derek

[weak but yeah happy smile]


Rawr. On a lighter note, prayer group has been awesome like always mannn. So much to do. So much to plan! So much to execute! So much to juggle! But yeah hey yup all for Your Name Lord. If you say 20000 heh its totally possible for you. Don't let us falter in any way Lord, let us cast off everything that entangles to run the race and all that :D


I do hope they work out. Okay not really. I will suffice to say that I will remain neutral on the subject. I won't lie to myself that way. Lol. Just kinda worried for him man. The level of devotion and fervor and i-will-chase-her-to-the-ends-of-the-earth-cause-she's-the-only-one-for-me-she's-amazing-like-no-one-i've-ever-met-before
attitude kinda worries me. Not to be sour grapes and all, but honestly...not healthy mindset at all. Trust me, I know. Been there, lived there, cried there. But y'all all know about that already don't you lol. Haha. Oh just protect his heart Lord, no matter what happens. :/

I'd talk about hockey a bit but meh i'm lazy and I don't feel like going into all the stuff I was thinking about during it. It just wouldn't fit with the rest of the post lol. You're gonna have to ask me yourself. Preferably over food. As long as it isn't 17-frigging-dollar prata. >.<

No comments: