Monday, May 25, 2009

Oh charr

Fearless

--------------------------
----------

There's something about the way
The street looks when it's just rained
There’s a glow off the pavement
You walk me to the car
And you know I wanna ask you to dance right there
In the middle of the parking lot
Yeah
Oh yeah

We're driving down the road
I wonder if you know
I'm trying so hard not to get caught up now
But you're just so cool
Run your hands through your hair
Absent mindedly making me want you

And I don't know how it gets better than this
You take my hand and drag me head first
Fearless
And I don't know why when with you I dance
In a storm in my best dress
Fearless


------------------------------------

So here we are. And I hardly know you but I've realised that in the past three years and with all the people I've met and hugged and said hi and loved and jumped around crazily with and worked and teared and stayed up and stayed out and stuck with and defended and wrote to and danced with and all the other amazingly wonderful things i've done with everyone that has made school and life the best I could be lucky to have-

No one compares to you.

You're not spectacular. We hardly do anything together. We don't talk, we say hi bye, we lead our separate lives, but I keep coming back to this point and saying

I've never met anyone like you

I'd never do that to you, of course. Never ever, not in a million years. I love you enough to not drop that emotional bombshell on you.

But god I love you.

And that's why I'm okay with letting you go.

I've lived my whole life since meeting you not being with you, I can do that a few years more, I can do that a few years forever, the world I've built around me won't come crashing down with the loss of you.

But it would be nice.

My life doesn't know your life. Your friends don't know my friends, we live and eat and sleep and travel to entirely different places and social circles at different times and you knock yourself out silly trying to get an education besides all the other wonderful things you do and I do the same over here trying to be with everybody at once and hold everything together, academics not withstanding.

I'm perfectly happy over here running from crazy project to crazy project with nutter friends and juniors that make my heart melt and church in between, managing slipshod finances, guitar and dance, sneaking a starbucks, dreaming about clothes and shoes and beaches and scribbling little thoughts on scraps of paper.

There's no time in my life for you, not with everybody else I'm hard-pressed to hang out with already, Josh, Keenan, Adin, Pris, Shery,Sarah and everyone else I'm not going to say here before you're the only person not on the list, life is wonderful trying to scramble from breathtaking individual to wonderful soul.

But god I'd like to try.

And your life is largely as crazy and nutters and drive-anyone-else-up-the-wall as mine, except I don't think you'd like to try.


And so we have nothing.

This is silly.

Bummer.But its all good. Later, beautiful person.



Keann exits stage left

No comments: