Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I implore you. If you've ever been a friend of mine. Take the usual time you take to read one of my blog posts to just listen through this whole song in its entirety. Even if you're one of those I-hate-High-School-Musical people (which you probably are).

Okay at least half. C'mon. Its a slow song. A quiet one. A love song. So just listen. Just let it sink, let it soak. Like its raining outside and you have nowhere to go for awhile, don't brush it off. Idk. It heals me. Yeah, as much as Vanessa's voice probably annoys you to no end, I like it. I like these songs. I like the innocence and naivety they brings across, no matter how you might say "its not realistic".
Its a part of me I'm going to hold on to as long as I can, the naivety, the idealism,the silly romantic notions, the childish hope, the unafraidness to break past the "i'm cool" facade and just passionately, sweetly, love. I like my disney phase. And if it sickens you, deal. This is me. :/

Can I Have This Dance - Vanessa Hudgens, Zac Efron & H


Take my hand, take a breath
Pull me close
And take one step
Keep your eyes locked on mine
And let the music be your guide


Won't you promise me


Now won't you promise me
that you never forget


We'll keep dancing

To keep dancing

wherever we go next


Its like catching lightning
The chances of finding someone like you
Its one in a million the chances we feeling the way we do
and with every step together we just keep on getting better


so can I have this dance

can I have this dance

Can I have this dance


Take my hand, take the lead
and every turn, will be safe with me
dont be afraid
afraid to fall
you know I'll catch you through it all
you cant keep us apart


Even a thousand miles cant keep us apart

Cause my heart is wherever you are

Oh no mountains too high enough, oceans too wide
'Cause together or not, our dance won't stop
Let it rain, let it pour
What we have is worth fighting for
You know I believe, that we were meant to be

No comments: