Saturday, August 23, 2008

And today was Different

Today was a special day, I think. Like, worship was special, different, and everyone could see it and hear it.


Cause we were raring to go from the get-go :D



Its not like we're usually not excited for youth service. We are. Haha. But we're mostly also chilling, saying hi, slowly filing in and all, and yeah haha.


There was none of that today. More people are early than usual, we are saying hi as usual, but it's different. There's a certain sense of urgency in the air, we look at each other and grin because we know "something is going to happen today", and the air is so charged with excitement its practically visibly humming away with an audible crackle.


And when the worship leader gets up and calls us to the front to worship God, there is a loud answering roar, and there's none of that "eh I don't want to go first see who go up first then i go" slow trickle, but we surge forward in one body and in one spirit to stand up for what we believe in.


And we look at each other, standing side by side as if ready for battle, and we grin, because there is a gleam in all our eyes that we can see in each other, and we nod, because we've been waiting for this the whole day since last night, we've been praying and waiting for this very moment.


The moment we stand up and give EVERYTHING we have to God, all our voices, all our lungs, all our hearts and our souls to glorify Him, and to worship Him with every ounce of our being :D


It is different. We've learnt something the previous night. We've learnt something over the past week with the SWAA folks. The pastors, the worship team, the band, the youth, we've all learnt something. And those who haven't, pick it up quickly, because since the previous night the excitment has been spreading, the fire has been passing, people have been sharing miraculous stories of what they've learnt at SWAA and the wonderous ways that God has been moving to those who weren't there, and its different today.

We're learnt that worship is EVERYTHING we've been created to be.
We are made to worship. We are made to sing songs to God. We ARE songs created by God. And that when we worship, we break apart the veil between heaven and earth and God himself, and his heavenly host, come down to worship with us because they simply cannot resist, and we're making our church a little piece of heaven at that moment when we worship.



And we're raring to go.


And the worship leader can see this. As we gather before him he notices something is different too, and he grins, and kicks off the pedal and breaks into his guitar-

AND YELLS TO GOD, AND WE YELL WITH HIM.


AND WE SING. WE DANCE. WE CRY OUT, AND THIS IS ONLY THE INTRO SONG.


We don't need to be led! There's none of that "oh im worried I don't want to seem overly excited, I don't want to overstep the worship leader, better see what he does". OUR LEADER IS GOD. AND EVERYTHING IS THROWN AT HIM, EVERY ESSENCE OF OUR BEINGS.



I look to my left, and see Yisin and Gab dancing and laughing away like they've never done so before. This is the time, this is where it all matters, this is what it all comes down to.

This is the final 9 yards.



And I look behind them, and I see Keenan, I catch his eye, he catches mine, and we grin, we are both in awe and in rapture and we can both see that. And then I pay him no further thought, and he pays me none either, cause this is about God, about our King and Almighty Saviour, the only One that matters to any of us, and I'm damn well going to focus every ounce of my being on HIM AND ONLY HIM.


Rachel and Polly next to me are lost in rapture too, singing a beautiful song to God with their beautiful voices with all the passion that God has granted them with, nothing held back at all. I pay them no further attention either.


And my world sinks into just me and God. Just me and my God. Just me and the One Being that matters the most to me now and forevermore because He first loved me and I tremble in awe at His Glory and Power and Unending Love.



Just me and God(:



10 minutes into worship, I nuke my voice. I'm holding nothing back. Yisin nukes his towards the last song. We're screaming. We're yelling. We're hoarsely yelling at the top of our lungs, Hosanna, Hosanna, Hosanna in the Highest!, and we never ever want this to end.


Cause this is all it boils down to. Its crunch time. Everything we exist for comes down to this. Its the frontline of spiritual warfare.

And we don't need anyone to tell us that, not the worship leader, not Pastor Jen, not anybody. Not today, today is different.


And as the song breaks into I see a generation, rising up to take their place, we look around and we revel in joy, because that generation? Is our generation. And this generation is giving a damn good account of itself, dammit. Hahahaha.


AND WE SING. BECAUSE YOU ARE WORTH IT LORD. AND ITS ALL FOR YOU. AND THERE CAN BE NO WAITING. ITS ALL FOR YOU TODAY.

Pastor Jen is amazed. You can see that. So is Pastor Josh. Marcus, the worship leader, is taken aback by the fervor he is seeing, but no one is complaining.

AND WE BREAK INTO THE STAND. And with arms high and hearts abandoned! We praise God with all that is left with our limited voices! Pastor Jen's voice is already shot from crying out to God this whole week hahahaha. She dances instead :D Cause nothing is going to stop us from worshipping God man. We lose our voices? WE'LL DANCE. There's no space to dance? WE'LL YELL AT THE TOP OF OUR LUNGS AND SING WITH OUR HEARTS.

NOTHING IS KEEPING US FROM YOU LORD. NOTHING.

It is a scene that is repeated all across the church. Hundreds of young people from P6 to university undergraduates, face down on the floor, heads up high fixed on heaven, hands raised, hearts flying, God speaking and ministering to each and every one of us in that perfect way only He knows how, as we offer up all of the days we have lived, all the tears we have wept, all the laughter, all the love, all the sin, all the passion, both individually and as a congregation.

It is amazing to behold. But no one is paying attention to beholding it. We don't have the time man. God's here, I don't have time to listen to other people worship God, I'M GONNA WORSHIP GOD LORD HERE I AM PICK ME LOVE ME HEAL ME SEND ME.

I still tremble when I think about it. This is going to stay with me a loonng looong time ahahah.


(:




Today was different :D

Not because the band was spectacularly good or anything. It was okay. Not because of any newfangled special effects, we didn't have any. But because we stood up to be counted, with urgency and with unbridled passion and with nothing held back AT ALL and that makes all the difference.

Damn, we did, didn't we. XD.

You know what, I don't think this post has does justice to the experience at all. Its either impossible, or takes a far better writer than I am, to describe how fantastically wonderful and amazing touching God today was to you, if you weren't there. But those who were there know exactly what I mean :D


Something broke today, in our hearts. A resistance shattered and pushed through on earth and in heaven and in all the spiritual realms. There was a battle today and WE WON.

And I know the devil is running scared ahahaha.


Lets keep it that way :D



KEEP THE FIRE GOING GUYS, WE'LL MEET NEXT WEEK AND DAMN RIGHT WE'RE GOING TO DO IT AGAIN. WE'RE GOING TO STAND. FOR. GOD.

: DDDD


Man I haven't even gone into cell or the message yet. But I don't think I will. Hahah. Just keep those in my heart for now. But suffice to say, both were pretty awesome, and we're definitely growing as a cell and as sons and daughters of God. Woohooo! :D


Gosh I'm so hyped up now. Aaaahhhh. Hahahaha. Goshness WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

No comments: