Sunday, May 13, 2012

New Things.

I'm not very good at doing photos, but.



This was some time ago. I'm going to try to do more of these. In the meantime:

Dear Mom,

Hi. Today is Mother's Day and I know we never celebrate it, but I want to change that. It has been too long in coming. I hope you like the cake and flowers, though you deserve far, far more. Dad pitched in half for the money and stuff. I know its not nearly enough to thank you for all the years, hours and minutes you have put into faithfully taking care of us with little reward - You have always been so patient, long-suffering, never complaining, tirelessly coming home from work and washing the dishes, ironing the clothes, washing, folding the clothes, cooking, stocking the fridge, unblocking the toilet, getting groceries, cleaning the house and you've done it for years and years and years. While we keep making you mad for never helping, and never thanking you.

I know things haven't been the best between us. I'm sorry I have not been a better son, that I haven't shown you why it has been worth it to have me. I'm still flawed, and I still haven't been listening when we don't agree, and I'm sorry I haven't tried to make your life easier. 

I want to tell you that this is a start. That I regret not able to tell you day after day how amazing you are for doing everything. I know we don't really talk very much, and I still don't really know what to say to you, but I want to learn how to make your life easier. 

I'll never be able to repay you for all that you have done for me. This small little thing doesn't even come close to close. But for what its worth, I want to say that I appreciate you so much for enduring so much hardship to make us a family, to make this a home. 

I want to try to help. Its about time I grew up and your life be made easier. I'm going to try. I hope on this day, you can get some rest, and that you'll be able to rest more in the days to come. Happy Mother's Day.

Thank you for being my mom,
Qi En.

P.S. Don't stop playing the piano. Its beautiful.


Rah.

Gonna write this out now, wash the dishes, set out the flowers and go to bed. I have a lot to think about tomorrow. 

No comments: