Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Morning Worship

God Is Able - Hillsong



For Who You Are - Hillsong


One Way - Hillsong


Sing Of Your Love Forever - Hillsong/Delirious


Hosanna - Israel Houghton



Such a glorious morning today. Woke up an hour ago, worked through some stuff with God, and then I knew I just had to praise Him. And knowing that I'm in a place where I need to praise Him today for his goodness, might, and power in all things. I sing this words with new meaning and weight now. Like Pastor Joy said at TWEET Camp almost two months ago - How can you not sing One Way and not want to tear up at the weight and trust of it, even when you're singing it in joy?


I lay my life down at your feet
'Cause You're the only one I need
I turn to you and you are always there


In troubled times it's you I seek
I put you first that's all I need
I humble all I am, All to you


You are always, always there
Every how and everywhere
Your grace abounds so deeply within me


You wil never ever change
Yesterday today the same
Forever till forever meets no end 


You are the way the truth and the life 
 We live by faith and not by sight... for You 
 We're living all for You


So glad that I don't have to go to army today. Its been too long since I could do this, whole house to myself, waking up and giving God praise (and having the discipline and passion to actually come through on it). So blessed that I can do that with my life. Gotta do some uni research today, for Melbourne especially, so its not like I can actually veg about. I emailed an old journalism lecturer last night about possibly meeting her for a chat and I'm hoping maybe even a recommendation for a journ internship job, so I'm waiting on that, as well as a possible hosting gig at the PC Show next weekend. I hope they let me know today, like they said they would *crossedfingers*. Otherwise, I guess its just the sales promoter thing! That I'll know by Friday, could be good too I guess! Though obviously I'd much prefer to host. Better pay, plus experience, portfolio, possible testimonials and contacts. Aahhhh. God please. Hahaha.

Besides that - and this is important.
In worship earlier - I caught a glimpse of something. Something very brief and fleeting but I don't want to let go of it. Its why I'm blogging this entry in the first place.

Was putting a song before the Lord, with my terrible voice, dwelling on the fact that I've finally started on the guitar in praise, that I'm no longer adverse to Chinese or getting a proper job in honoring my parents, and then I looked on the piano. Touched with eyes that have never looked on the keys in wonder since a good 15 years ago and I was a little boy, when all the forced nagging and punishment about it about killed it for me. Wanting to use it in worship.

And then my whole life scrolled out before me like it sometimes does when I get a great concept in my head, when I catch an idea or a vision. I see things happening. I saw everything in my life that I'd ever turned away from - in pain, torment, regret or fear - being redeemed. 

Piano, Chinese, my relationship with my parents, fears and insecurities, broken bridges - being restored in the name of the Lord, in this broken season. Crossed-referenced it with crazy old prophecies and promises about me doing all things music, various instruments, dance, radio, speaking. (Though I hardly do any of these things at all right now.) Then I saw this glimpse of - I don't know, maybe a worship school. Hahaha I don't know.

At about this point I put everything together and realised - it is in God's will to reunite and restore all things, not to break them.

All things. Even things that He's broken to protect you for a time. 
All things. As long as it is of His Will.

Because He created all things once first. And He created it and it was good.

I guess just trust and keep running with Him.
Acknowledging Him in all your ways because He makes your paths straight.
And not running away trying to fix things because your wisdom is nothing compared to His.
I guess just trust maybe. 
And if you can't yet, maybe just worship.


No comments: