Sunday, April 4, 2010

Talk with Pastor Josh - Boundaries 25 March 2010

Talk with Pastor Josh

1. Physical Affection/Girls
2. Influence among Younger Ones
3. Priorities between friends/cell members
4. Core issues/Deep Thinking/Beyond Feelings

5. Usage of Internet
1. Email -> Operational Stuff
2. Face-to-face -> Sincere Stuff
3. Facebook -> fun, trivial, cannot be misinterpreted stuff

------------------------------------------------

What are the reasons for me having boundaries for girls?

- encouraging my growth in friendships with guys
- learning how to express affection in different ways
- guarding my own heart
- guarding other girls' hearts, not hurting them even if I have no idea
- setting an example as a leader

Physical Affection/Girls

- no hugs to girls unless they initiate

- no long phone calls that I initiate regarding reasons of
- I'm extremely bummed out
- they're extremely bummed out

- if its a personal issue, I can talk to La/Josh about it, or journal (or email that journal to them), or talk to a guy friend (who currently doesn't exist, Keenan doesn't do long phone calls)

- if I call to check how she are, and its an extreme emotional issue, I can arrange a real-life meeting with one other friend of hers, OR pray with her, as opposed to a listening/intimacy approach

- no one-on-one outings
- it is encouraged that I find a male friend to come along, as opposed to another female friend
- it is possible that people cancel, but I will try my best



Friends/Cell Members Interaction

What are the reasons for me having boundaries for this?

- Understanding my priorities as a leader
- Guarding my responsibility to my cell members and their lives
- Encouraging my growth in friendships with peers, or those older than I am

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

- Seek to have NP cell dinners after service 3 weeks in a month
- Sit with Cerise, Pearl and the 'NP Cell Zone' once a month
(Though it would be cool if I could request them all to sit with me in the front at least once a month? A few of the new ones already do sit with me in the front, the other new ones prefer to sit with their friends)

- Meet at least 2 cell members in a week, besides cell & service
- one-on-one followups
- social outings

- Engaging in outreach ministry (hospital trips, treasure hunts etc
- ask all NP Cell members FIRST before seeking to include friends

No comments: