Friday, September 5, 2008

That’s right Lord. We’ll worship you even when its hard as hell. Cause we’re not always happy when we walk in to worship you. We don’t always sing Hosanna with smiles. We don’t always jump in joy when we sing you praises. The healing’s not always instant. Hurt doesn’t vanish the moment the drums go and the guitars start playing. But are we still going to worship you anyway? Yes, to the ends of the earth.

Cause sometimes tears are running down my face
And not because I’m in awe of You
And not because You’ve showed me something new
Sometimes its just simple sorrow, grief and hurt
Rejection, fear, loneliness in places that should never be
We bring all these things to the altar too.
I’m growing up today
As I start to realise the meaning of “To the ends of the earth”
And that “I will follow you in the good and the bad” can be so real.
But I will hold on
Somewhere along the line you’ll make it right
So as I sing a song of praise in a whole new way
Desperate, grim, with passion from pain.
I’m trusting in you in this dark place tonight.




Hold me Dad, You’re the only real one I have. And I’m going to keep sobbing into You again and again cause that’s what dads are there for. ..right?

---------------------------------------------


I'm good now (:

No comments: