Saturday, August 9, 2008

BLOG CONTEST!!

Obligatory National Day post:

So I sat into my school's NDP celebration thing. Now unlike JC/secondary school, ours is not compulsory, the convention centre wouldn't fit that many people in it anyway.

But we still know how to throw a damn good party!

Here are some of the pictures from the event, mostly towards the finale, there are more pictures if you have time on your hands, just click on -->THIS<-- The link above goes to Priscilla's Mutiply Album page, cause it was her camera, and thank you so much for going through them for me girl (:

So National Day:







Yes, we have a huge remote controlled blimp. I know right. : D





So this is the finale already, everyone who performed before is up on stage especially including Detention, that underground dance group from nowhere who somehow found themselves on the big stage :D

Hee. Josh you were awesome, and everyone else there, Pris, Adin, Li, Yixin, Rachel, Mel, everyone else who I just met but don't know cause I had to drop out for awhile, you rocked the house down aye. And I'm definitely coming back, just let me clear these goddamned final assignments.


NOTE: To all those who keep asking me if I was on stage, no I wasn't. I was in the crowd covering the event for newswriting like everyone else. I would like to be, but hey. Give these guys their due. I had nothing to do with their a-a-amazing performance :D


And then the world EPXLODESXSES [Gigantic Grin]










See, this is why you should sit into rehearsals people. The moment Detention ended their act, I ran the heck up to get the spot for the photo. I didn't see much of the pyrotechnics myself though, too busy frantically clicking away trying to spam photos without looking. I never said i was a good photographer..




So. The pyrotechnics end, and I'm sitting there still in kneeling position on top of crowd wondering if I got what I wanted, and suddenly the crowd turns around and starts cheering at Something Big Right Behind Me. I turn around and find myself staring in the face of a huge confetti cannon..

*runs*








The pictures do no real justice to what happened to me, really. :/ I sat there buried in falling red and white snow for like 5 whole minutes with the cannon to my back..



So much for sitting in rehearsals..



The blimp takes its leave..




And then i stop being a reporter and start being the general big occasion crazy monkey dude all over again :D I get dragged on stage sometime at this point.



: Felix Tan, Radio Lecturer for us and one of the MCees of the night. Making stupid jokes about the smoke machine and the haze from Beijing..



And that's Adin. Haha. Wonderful guy. Amazing dancer, spontaneous crazy dude. Loves God, and is still single.

HAHA.




Annnnd that's some of Detention. Haha.



Yeah(: What I would give to be a part of that photo, legitimately. Heh. Okay. Soon. SOON. IM AH COMING BACK CAUSE I NEED TO GET BACK INTO DANCE SO BAD.

Plus I have all that catch-up to do ._.


If you want to see a few more photos, click -->HERE<-- , once again, its Priscilla's Multiply Album thingy :D

Gosh, now i have to write a proper story. I hope I don't screw it up..


Oh yeah I almost forgot. Here's the blog of the guy who started it all, creator, choreographer, music mixer, teacher, amazing friend, inspiration to us all, Josh Simon. Go check it out ;D

Here's a quote:

"ANd OMG ! WE're going on stage in THREE HOURS!!
After all these practices, rehearsals, new people, new friends, new dance moves!
WE're UP ON STAGE!
Im smiling coz... about 3-4 months ago, I was sitting at the convention Centre with Keann, sneaking in to watch NRA"s Fantasia. A little suggestion was made by the two of us, to start a dance group. One of my dreams at that moment, was to perform on the convention centre stage... after 3-4 months... we're gonna be on it, taking over it, in 3 hours."

Heh. Go see. And here's a final shoutout to everyone in Detention that worked so hard, laughed so hard, and came together to choreo various parts of the whole thing, cause it was definitely a huge group effort. :D See you guys soon aye (:


------------------------------------------------------



SO ANYWAY, BLOG CONTEST.




Quoting my good friend Matt:

Attention friends and everyone else reading this who has a blog!

I NEED YOUR HELP!

See there's this little contest going on where the winner gets to bring 50 friends along for a private movie screening of that new animation movie Wall-E. To increase the chances of winning, i'll need your participation and contribution..

What you basically have to do is to post an entry on YOUR blog recounting the craziest thing you've ever done for love, signing off with "Catch Wall-E in cinemas from 28 August 2008" THEN linking to my blog (matthew-zachary.blogspot.com) as the originator blog.


------------------------------------------

I don't care much for the movie, but hey! Movie theatre, 50 of us kids taking over, PILLOWFIGHT, I'm in :DD


So here's my contribution to Matt:



"The craziest thing i've done for love.. planning and saving up for her birthday 5 months in advance, so i could buy her a huge ice-cream cake and a gigantic tweety bird soft toy, her favourite, for her 16th birthday in school. And getting her friends to give her the cake and take the credit, and not being at the cake-cutting, because she would have just felt weird about it, and have been a ruined birthday. I watched from the corner of the canteen."

Catch Wall-E in cinemas from 28 August 2008




Yeah well. Hey. We were all stupid, once. So anyone who reads this, just type that out and link matthew-zachary etc at the bottom the way I did, okay? It won't take no time at all(:


Lol. Okay newswriting. Happy National Day! CHURCHTIME NOW.


No comments: