Monday, May 26, 2008

Hillsongs 2006 Grad Dinner/Night

I can't get enough of all this info. I'm well aware that is my usual emotional impulsive self running away with me again, especially for something i won't be able to think about for at least - shit its not 2 years, its 5 years?? -


All of a sudden I don't want to go to army anymore. Oh eff.


Anyway, here's an excerpt from a blog of a Hillsong College student. Maannnn. From http://www.yelruh.com/Blog/Blog.html


At least I think Yelruh is his name. But its a really cool blog. Easy to read, with pictures, and it manages to detail his life experience in Hillsongs throughout his first year. The excerpt I'm posting is from his First Year Grad Night :D


------------------------------------------

OK so Hillsong College has a ‘prom’ of sorts before each annual graduation. Its called grad dinner and its more or less a prom. We all dress up fancy like and have a VERY formal dinner with 4 courses. The food wasn’t the best but it was good. Everyone looked so amazing. And I noticed something neat about the girls. A few guys and I were discussing a few days before grad dinner how we have been getting to know the girls in the college and they all pretty much have amazing characters and spirits. We were joking about how the last thing we needed was to now see these girls all prettied up and totally fall for them (seeing as how we are NOT here looking for a girlfriend, we are focussing on God and a girl would just distract us). But, something neat actually happened. Instead of their beauty causing us (or at least me) to ‘fall’ for them it seemed to be more of an incarnation of their inner beauty. Romance was far from our (my) hearts as we spent the evening with amazing women of God. And boys would be boys. My best friend (here in AU) is Scottish and wore a formal Kilt to the dinner and there were the few who tried to lift it. Luckily he was smarter and didn’t go 100% traditional if you catch my drift ;). After grad dinner we headed into the city to the Opera House to hang on the harbour at night. If you were wondering, yes it is beautiful.
For grad I was supposed to do some post work (editing and mixing audio for videos) for many of the grad videos. The head of TV&Media was given my info like 3 weeks ago. Grad was on Monday the 4th of December, she finally got a hold of me on Sunday the 3rd of December night. I spent most of Monday in an editing room working on the post for 5 of the grad videos. Everything was finished on time and sounded great (save one video that I was personally disappointed in).
Now its Monday night and I am sitting writing this thinking about all the great times this term and thinking of all the great times to come as I start to prepare to head home in 8 or so days.
Stay fed, stay fresh, be blessed...

-----------------------------------



Man. He mixes and edits video!! :o


And hahah lol. Check out this thingy I found in the student handbook. Yes, I actually downloaded the student handbook. I have a mad-on for Hillsong College. But I'm 17. Give me a break. Haha.

:

-------------------------------

Dating and Relationships

Whilst attending College, the primary purpose of students should be to successfully prepare for ministry and
leadership. This will only be achieved by focusing on this goal. Hence our general preference is that students do not
date while studying at College.

However it is anticipated that some students may find their life partner while at College. To this end, dating is not
permitted between full time college students until after the first year of study. After this time, dating between full
time college students is permissible only with the consent of the Principal or Tutorial Leader. If a relationship between
students ends, there is to be a 3-month period before entering a new one.

Any commencement of a relationship between a full time student and a non-college student, within the year of study,
should be prayerfully considered and it is required that students speak to the Tutorial Leader or Principal first.


-------------------------------------


I lol'd. But I like said practical guidelines. Hahahaha. Here's other funny stuff I found buried in the dear handbook:


" The Bible is not included in a bibliography. "


"Author’s surname (repeat this information for second, third, etc author if there is one); comma, author’s
initial, full stop (period), comma, title of the book in italics and capital letters, full stop, place where the
book was published (the city, or the city and state if the city isn’t well known), colon, name of the
publisher, year of publication, comma, page number, full stop. "


Shit.


" Font: ALL written assignments must be typed. Assessments not typed will not be marked. The font should be
Times New Roman, size 12"


"Language: HILC requires all writers to use gender inclusive language in their submissions. Examples of common
phrases include:
Traditional Inclusive
man, men persons, person, people, human beings
mankind humanity, humankind
sons of God children of God, people of God
every man every person, everyone
his his or her, his/her
he he or she, he/she
manhood adulthood, maturity
layman Lay person "
"


"Grading System
Because the College delivers vocational training, its courses train and assess competence in a range of skills that are
applicable in ministry. Consequently, the relevant results for a subject or an assessment are:
• Competent
• Not Yet Competent

The College does not employ a scaled grading system (eg. High Distinction / Distinction / Credit / Pass / Fail ). "



Here I saved the best for last :

"
Where circumstances prevent students from submitting assignments by the due date, the College allows students to
resubmit their assignments at a later date. However a resubmission fee of $50 per assessment applies to cover
additional costs of assessment. "




Homgosh. And we think we have it bad with 10% per day??


:blinkzors:



ALRIGHT 5AM AND GOTTA GET SOME WORK DONE.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Thanks for posting this (: That excerpt was really cool, and the strangest/coolest thing is that I can actually totally imagine + visualise it. What he described about the girls (even though I'm one haha this must seem so weird) and inner beauty :D

Also! WOW THE HANDBOOK! I really respect that dating rule, I think it's something you need courage to enforce in a college like that but something so necessary... I'm so glad they see its importance (: